Effective Date and Last Updated: May 2021
Bridgehampton Breeze vineyards understands that our customers and visitors to BridgehamptonBreeze.com and any other sites that we operate under the Bridgehampton Breeze brand are concerned about how personal information is collected and used. Please be assured that we take privacy very seriously. We do not sell your personal information.
Information Collected & Sources
We may collect your:
– Personal identifiers (name, email address, postal address, phone number, and birthday)
– Commercial information (such your personal preferences about our products, your purchase history online, at the vineyard or by phone, and a record of your product interests),
- Internet activity (including (a) how you interact with our sites, such as product searches, time spent browsing certain products, items you place into your cart, and pages that you visit; (b) information about your interactions on social media that identifies us through hashtags or using our social media handles, and (c) technical data received from your device, such as IP address of individuals that visit our site, referring websites, and similar technical data),
- Geolocation data (your city and state it is apparent from the address you provide, the internet address from which you visit our sites, or the phone number used to call us), and
- Inferences that we make about your product interests based on your past purchases and other activity.
We may collect your personal information from the following sources:
- From you, when you provide it to us. We collect your information when you purchase our products online, at the vineyard, or over the phone, contact our customer support, fill out forms on our website, create an account with us, sign up for mailing lists, participate in promotions or surveys, or otherwise provide us your information.
- When transmitted automatically by your browser or device. Internet-connected devices that visit our sites automatically transmit technical and device data, settings, software and hardware versions, referring websites, and unique device identifiers (depending on your settings).
Purposes for Collection and Use of Information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To process, confirm, fulfill, ship, track and secure payment for your order. We may contact you via email, mail or phone if we have questions about your order or payment.
- To provide you a history of your purchases.
- To remarket our products through advertising networks.
- If you joined our email marketing list, to communicate with you by email about our products, services, and promotions.
- To administer and fulfill our promotions.
- To inform others of customer satisfaction with the quality of our products and services.
- To help us learn more about your general shopping preferences.
- To help us improve and address problems with our site design, products and services.
- To enhance your shopping experience.
- To analyze trends and statistics.
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites and our business.
- To detect, protect against and investigate fraud, theft or threats to any individuals.
- For system administration.
- To meet our legal obligations, protect our legal rights, respond to court orders and other legal process, and as permitted by law, make disclosures to address unlawful or other acts that may endanger the health, safety or privacy of other customers or the general public.
Third Party Service Providers; Disclosure for a Business Purpose
Our third-party service providers are our vendors that provide services to us directly or to you on our behalf and that receive your personal information in order to provide those services. For example, we run our online platform through a service provider that may receive your personal information to help us run our business. We also provide your name and shipping information to one or more shipping services providers, so that they may deliver your order. We use a third-party payment provider to process your cardholder data when you make purchases online or over the phone. We also use an e-mail list to conduct marketing for Bridgehampton Breeze, which may be shared with third party service providers that provide us email distribution, digital marketing, and other services. (For more information on marketing, see the section below titled “Marketing email communications”.)
In the unlikely event that another business buys some or all of Bridgehampton Breeze, your personal information may come under the control of the purchaser.
Marketing Email Communications and Opt-Out
Our website provides you the option to join our email list and receive information about our products, services and promotions. If you do not wish to receive Bridgehampton Breeze marketing emails, you may use any of several options to unsubscribe or opt out: click the “Unsubscribe” link in our marketing emails or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- The phrase “Unsubscribe” in the subject line
- Your name and email address
Please be aware that it can take several business days to remove you from our email marketing list. After you have been removed from our email marketing list, when you place an order through our site, you will continue to receive order confirmation, shipping status or other transaction-specific emails.
Use of ‘Cookies’
A “cookie” is a small data file stored on your hard drive by websites that sends information back to those websites to enable certain functionality, which may include a unique user ID to recognize you. Related tools include a pixel tag, also known as a clear GIF or web beacon, which an invisible tag placed on certain pages of our site and can track your visits by placing and reading cookies on your computer. Most web browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; refer to your browser’s help documentation for more information. But note that if you turn off cookies or refuse to accept them, this may have a negative impact on the usability of our website. Your browser documentation can also help you delete existing cookies.
Advertising Networks and Online Marketing
Bridgehampton Breeze does not track your online activity across third party websites or online services. However, like many ecommerce businesses, we may partner with third party advertising networks to support our marketing activities. The advertising networks uses “cookies” or “pixels” that we place on our sites to enable the networks to help market our products online. These use anonymous unique identifiers and Bridgehampton Breeze does not provide your name or other identified information to the advertising networks, and the networks do not send us information about your external online activity. If you click an ad, the browser on your computer or device may tell us the website where you clicked the ad.
You can avoid certain targeted marketing by disabling cookies in your browser for our site or for all sites. However, you may lose functionality if you disable cookies. If you leave cookies enabled, you consent to our use of such third party advertising vendors and services, to their placement of cookies onto your computer, and to the privacy policies of the third party advertising networks. You agree that if you leave cookies enabled, Bridgehampton Breeze is not responsible for how the third party advertisers use your information. Further, as new technologies are developed, we cannot promise that your online activity will never be tracked, such as by the company that developed your internet browser.
Do Not Track Signals
Because there is no standard understanding of what a “Do Not Track” browser signal is supposed to mean, our website does not respond to those signals in any particular way. To avoid tracking cookies, you may use an “incognito”, “private” or similar browser window to browse the internet without tracking cookies. However, the software manufacturer of your browser may still track your activity. Please check with Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, DuckDuckGo or other such manufacturer for more information.
Security and SSL
Protecting your order information is a priority for us. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect the security of information you transmit to us through a web browser. However, because of the inherent nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that data you exchange with us will always remain completely secure. Third parties and bad actors may intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your personal information, neither Bridgehampton Breeze nor any of our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
Links to Other Sites